Combing is a kind of weaving craftsmanship process, and the corresponding to combing is carding. Basically, many cotton products will go through the carding process. As for the combing process, not all products can be used. Generally, it is a process for special requirements or products with higher quality requirements, such as combed cotton t shirts. The combing process can use machines, but it still requires manual inspection. If it is found to be unqualified, it will be combed again until it is qualified.
For the production process of combed cotton with such strict quality requirements, what are the characteristics of the finished product?
What are the characteristics of combed cotton
1. Good moisture absorption. Because it is a cotton material, the water absorption of cotton fiber is good, so the water absorption of combed cotton is also excellent. Under normal circumstances, the moisture content of the fiber can reach 80%. Because it is made of cotton, the human body will not feel uncomfortable due to the clothes being too stiff when it is wet. After a period of time, after the moisture in the combed cotton clothing starts to evaporate, the clothing will return to its previous state and achieve a comfortable feeling.
2. Good comfort and smoothness. Because of the combing process, combed cotton clothing is comfortable and smooth, which is considered a big advantage of combed cotton. This advantage also makes the price expensive.
3. If combed cotton is used as a fabric, it is generally widely used in clothing and home furnishing industries, such as combed cotton t shirts, high-end towels, etc.
4. Not easy to pilling. Pilling is a defect that many cotton materials have. Once used for a certain period of time, it will cause clothing to pilling and affect the appearance. Combed cotton avoids this problem well after the combing process, and it is not easy to pilling after using for a long time.
5. Thick and moisture resistant. For the benefit of this advantage, you can refer to the difference between thick towels and non-thick towels, especially when washing your face, it just feels more comfortable.
These are the five major characteristics of combed cotton. The characteristics of combed cotton are basically shown around the characteristics brought about by its combing process.